Based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA
January 1, 2009
Press / Business Contact:
734 West Port Plaza #271
St. Louis, MO 63146
In the 24th century, humanity is at war with a hostile alien race. Outnumbered a million to one, mankind's only hope of survival is the J.U.M.P. Corps. Its mission is to fight the alien menace hive by hive and planet by planet.
You and your friends assume the role of JUMPERS, and blast your way through subterranean alien hives in chaotic run-and-gun 2D platforming action. Up to 4 Players band together to kill aliens, avoid traps, collect treasures and lost relics. Win the final battle against the hive queen to save the galaxy!
-Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
-Co-op Multiplayer: Play single player, or 2-4 player co-op. (local or online)
-Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
-Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed by the aliens you have no more lives.
-Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies await in the hive.
-Upgradeable Sci-Fi Weapons: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of experimental bombs and weapons.
-Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to upgrade your arsenal.
-Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
-Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode.
-Controller Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
-Platforms: PC / Mac / Linux (via Steam) and Wii U
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Steam Early Access Coming Soon Trailer YouTube
Wii U eShop preview YouTube
There are far more images available for Graphite Lab, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Grand Champion" - Indy Pop Con - 2016
- "Winner - Best Gameplay" - Indy Pop Con - 2016
- "Nominated as a Best Indies To Watch PAX Prime 2015." - Game Informer: Best Indies To Watch PAX Prime 2015
- "Nominated as the Best Co-Op Indie Game at PAX South 2015." - Con Report: Best of PAX South 2015
- "Picked as one of the Top Multiplayer Games of PAX South 2015." - indieHAVEN PAX South Recap 3
- "With procedurally generated maps, customizable loadouts with purchasable upgrades, and a seemingly endless supply of arachnid antagonists, Hive Jump has a lot of potential to lure in fans of classic gaming."
- Game Informer Magazine, www.gameinformer.com
- "The speed of it all is exhilarating, aliens swarming at incredible rates, guns offloading dozens of rounds a second… There’s really no messing around, it’s immediate and constant action."
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun., www.rockpapershotgun.com
- "Hive Jump promises to combine Spelunky with XCOM and, yes, I would like that very much."
- Patrick Klepek, Giant Bomb, www.giantbomb.com
- "Hive Jump: 2D coop shooting platformer with dynamic-lit supercool pixelart? BACKED."
- Glauber Kotaki, artist and animator of: Rogue Legacy, Chasm, Duelyst., www.glauberkotaki.com
- "This beautiful Contra meets XCOM meets Starship Troopers hellspawn is off to a promising start, and is in the hands of a team that won’t take no for an answer."
- Greg Micek, Cliqist
- "This game is stunning. It takes the classic pixel look and combines it with 3D lighting making it a stylish action-packed multiplayer platformer. Something like this can only be done with hard work and thought. I think that the developers behind Hive Jump have definitely achieved their goals!"
- Jelani Thompson, Always Nintendo
- "Hive Jump looks like an absolute blast."
- Kurt Indovina, Indie Gaming Mag
- "Hive Jump was just too fun not to mention."
- Chris Maeurer, everydayGamers
- "Every screenshot of Hive Jump I see looks sweeter than the last. I can't wait to see how this game ends up."
- Finn Morgan, maker of Sprite Lamp, SnakeHillGames
- "Despite being an early alpha, Hive Jump is already a mind-blowingly stellar co-op experience. It blends elements from several genres and adds innovative new ideas to create a game that I'm already excited to play."
- agent86, WithouTheSarcasm
- "Hive Jump was a hell of a lot of fun. The action was intense and chaotic as bullets and bugs flew everywhere. This is absolutely one of the titles I'm most looking forward to."
- Sabriel Mastin, indieHAVEN
- "I approached Hive Jump’s [PAX] build critically, and was both amused and delighted by it."
- Operation Rainfall Contributor, oprainfall
- "If you like slurries of explosions and pixelated death, then you and I can be friends and we should play Hive Jump together. If you were a fan of Metal Slug, you know just what I’m talking about. In this neon pixelated mass of glory, you’re Jumping down the throat of some alien Hive (no, really?) in order to, I assume, perform a calculated mass genocide for what I’m sure is an excellent reason. I’m a broken record with these pixel shooty shooty games, but I just can’t help myself. Also, be sure to perk up your ears for that soundtrack, cause it be waaay sexy yo."
- Amanda, bitchteamalpha
- "This is a game you should go and pick up right now. Even though it's not finished this team is working hard to create an amazing co-op shooter. I suggest you go straight to their site and pay for the game right now where you can get beta access!"
- Jacob Clark, Indies Need Booze
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Studio Director and Executive Producer
QA and Additional Art